Iron Fencing Utah
Utah's Best Iron Fence Company
REQUEST A FREE ESTIMATE
Please fill out the form below
Iron Fence Company in Utah
When we think of “fences”, the majority of us will automatically conjure up images of traditional, wooden fence panels. But here at Utah Fencing, we offer a much wider variety of fencing and believe that it’s important that you are aware of the different options that are available to you! Chances are that you’ve seen iron fencing while you’ve been out and about, but have never considered having it fitted yourself. But iron fencing isn’t only for public and commercial premises – it can be for your home and personal property too!
The History of Iron Fencing
Let’s start out by understanding where the tradition of using iron fencing originated. In the Victorian era, importing wrought iron (hand shaped iron) for the purposes of fencing was extremely expensive. Consequently, wrought iron fencing became a sort of status symbol. As demand for this type of fencing grew, blacksmiths started catering to the wider public demand and iron fencing became increasingly popular. Demand, again, increased and factories responded – casting and mass producing elaborate forms of iron fencing for a significantly lower cost.
Modern Day Iron Fencing
The Benefits of Iron Fencing
Of course, iron fencing is beautiful. But what else can it offer you? Well, just a few of the benefits of iron fencing include:
- Aesthetics – the main appeal of iron fencing tends to be how it looks. The ductile nature of iron allows you to make your fences a decorative feature as well as a boundary marker.
- Iron fencing is strong and extremely longwearing – While standard wooden fencing can fall prey to the elements, such as particularly strong winds, iron fencing rarely shifts. It is also resistant to shock, denting, and bending.
- Iron fencing creates the illusion of a more open space, without compromising security – Light can pass through the gaps in the fencing and people can see through the fencing – providing you with the opportunity to show off your property. But at the same time, posts can be placed close enough to one another that children, pets, and trespassers cannot pass through.
- Particularly tall iron fencing is effective at keeping intruders out – It’s extremely difficult to scale a thin, iron bar.
- If part of your fence does manage to become damaged, you can often have it repaired or replaced without having to repair or replace the entirety of the fence – This is much more cost-effective.
- Iron fencing is an eco friendly option – As iron fencing is almost always in high demand, it can generally be easily sold on if you decide you want a different aesthetic. When iron fencing comes to the end of its life, it can be melted down, recycled, and turned into something else.
If you decide that iron fencing is for you, we supply a wide range of designs, picket styles, and post caps to suit your needs and preferences!